Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fond Farewell

Today, I began the hardcore purging, in preparation for my Project 333. Tons and tons and tons of clothes are being done away with. I was having a hard time dropping my premium goodies into a cold and dark Goodwill box, so I offered them up for grabs on my Facebook page. It seems that might have drummed up interest. . . we'll see.

When you read other people's experience with Project 333, you read about the emotional attachment we all have to our clothes (and to "stuff" in general, I suppose). How true it is! Today, I found myself trying on some old things that just didn't look good on me. Yet, for some reason, I was trying to tuck them away as a potential candidate for Phase 2. ....what? Once I realized I was doing this, the purging became easier, and I began to try to figure out why I was attached to a particular item. Interesting!

So I am proud to say, here is a sampling of a few of my favourites, to which I was brave enough to finally bid a fond farewell today.



1. Paisley Skirt: I designed and sewed this skirt myself. I am certain that therein lies the reason for my attachment to it. I mean. . is it really all that pretty? Emma calls it my "sofa skirt". Ha! A unique design for sure, but it is time to say goodbye.

2. Vintage Strawberry Dress: A Goodwill find of mine from several years ago. I paid $3.50 for it, and I would receive many comments on it, each and every time I wore it! (I am starting to see why.) Don't get me wrong, I still think it is adorable, especially with white platform sandals. Perhaps better suited for someone 20 years my junior, so back into the Goodwill vortex you go!

3. Patchwork Plaid Skirt by American Eagle: Still love a good patchwork plaid, but once I got honest with myself today, I could see how unflattering the cut of this skirt really is on me. I think I can find more constructive ways to get in touch with my inner prep.

So, goodbye to a few of my favourites from days past. You each have served me well. But, alas, it is time for me to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment