Saturday, May 14, 2011

Keeping In Touch

When I was riding home from work on the bus yesterday, I saw a woman that looked like a friend of mine, walking into a restaurant. I haven't talked to this particular friend in probably two years! No tiff, no falling out, just two busy lives that have grown apart. Now, I knew right away that the woman I saw wasn't my friend. But she looked close enough to get me thinking about her. And I thought about her enough to pick up the phone.

It felt unbelievably good to reconnect with my friend! Why did it take me so long to reach out to her? And more importantly, how did I lose touch with her in the first place? Sure we are all busy, but with today's technology, it is easier than ever to shoot an email, fire off a text, or even make a phone call.

I was so happy to chat with you after all this time. I think of you lots and I miss you lil' Elf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment