Friday, June 10, 2011

Project 333: Phase I (Redux)

It's June 10th and I am 32 days into my Project 333. So far, it has been going pretty well. I am truly fine with the amount of items I have. I really don't get bored, and find that I have plenty of mix n' match options to keep me happy.

I am leaving for summer vacation in a couple weeks, and from the beginning, I had planned to pack a small ancillary set of clothes, devised just for a week at the beach. And in true P333 fashion, this mini-wardrobe will be simple and pared down. At that time, I am also thinking that I will work in my trade items.

And this is where it gets a little tricky. When I planned my list a little over a month ago, I decided I would trade out my mackintosh jacket for a tank top, when the weather turned warm. However, I am finding the need for more "summery" items as it has gotten awfully hot, awfully fast in my neck of the woods. So, on vacation week, I will be trading out additional items as well.

At the beginning, I was such a P333 purist, and now I feel this might somehow be cheating. But upon mulling it over in my head, I come up with a dozen excuses why I should do the trades, and I talk myself right into it. And so it shall be.

The items I have my eye on for a rotation out are: the mackintosh jacket, the jean jacket, the black jacket, possibly one pair of jeans. What's coming in??? You'll have to wait until July 1st to find out! That's when I will start my Project 333: Phase 1 (Redux), with refreshed list in hand, and lighter clothes in closet.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way (like I was cheating) when I did that in Phase 2, but I am now of the mind that if this is going to be a sustainable way of life, I have to be flexible! Switcheroo, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's cheating at all. Unless you live somewhere that has a pretty consistent climate, you have to allow for weather-related changes. As long as you are sticking to 33 for each season, you are still leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete