Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

This is a super easy recipe that I semi-invented. I might have seen something on the internet along these lines, and then overheard someone talking about something similar. Well, it all just kind of fused together in my head. . .and this is what I came up with. Oh, and I don't measure anything, so if you are trying to replicate, good luck .

Ingredients:
Marinating Caps.
Portabella Mushroom Caps
Marinade
Balsamic Vinegar
Tamari (any soy sauce will do)
Olive Oil
Garlic
Chopped Fresh Flatleaf Parsley
Stuffing
Finely Chopped Reserved Mushroom Stem
Minced Garlic
Chopped Onion
Panko Bread Crumbs
Goat Cheese
Fresh Herbs, to your liking
Cayenne Pepper
Olive Oil
Sunflower Seeds



Gently clean your mushrooms with a mushroom brush or damp cloth. No water on your fungi, please! Remove the stems and reserve for stuffing. Having your mushrooms gill-side up on a platter, simply pour the mixed marinade over the top of each 'shroom. (You really can't flavor the cap side, so why even try?)

Stuffed, Grilled & ready to be devoured!
Let them sit and marinade, I suppose. I can usually only wait about 15 minutes...and then onto the grill they go! Be sure to start the grilling with the gill side down for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, you can whip up your stuffing. After the mushrooms are turned, heap on the stuffing. It's more of a mound, than a stuffing, really. They will probably take another 15 minutes or so at this point. You want your stuffing cooked through. The onions will get softer, but still have a crunch, and the cheese should be a little melty.


That's it! Really these are quite good. And my family likes them, to varying degrees:

Mom - loves (as long as I use the Cayenne sparingly)
Darren - really likes (as long as I use the goat cheese sparingly)
Emma - uh.......NO WAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment