Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Wedding Anniversary

Two years ago today, Darren and I stepped out into the cold Wyoming night and walked hand in hand across the Jackson Town Square to be married beneath a starlit sky.

Simply enchanting.

On this day, we are celebrating our anniversary on the east coast. We are skiing in Vermont. As I look out our icicle framed window and watch the snow slowly fall, I am transported back in time to Wyoming. It feels so much like the time of our wedding, at moments I am actually convinced we are 2,000 miles away! I have concluded that it is not merely a trickery of ice, snow and a ski gear littered hotel room that create this illusion. Rather, it is a trickery of the heart. The way my heart flutters when I see him, how we giggle like kids at the silliest of things, and how we love each other... just as we did two years ago. This is enough to transport me back to a different time and place.

It is crazy how much has changed in our lives since that magical evening on Jackson Town Square.

Even crazier is just how much has managed to stay the same.

wedding #RetroCamera FREE #CLBITZAPPS

1 comment:

  1. awwwww, i like the ending. also loved the line, a trickery of the heart...thats great.

    ReplyDelete